College Planning Curriculum
Imagine having a knowledgeable guide who can demystify college admissions; provide all the information you need, when you need it; work with your student through the process and keep them on track; and help prepare them for the transition to college.
With my guidance, your son or daughter will:
• Understand what colleges are looking for, the different steps in the admissions process, and how best to prepare, so that instead of feeling anxious and overwhelmed they are excited about the possibilities.
• Learn about various post-secondary options so they can identify which college environment is best for them.
• Discover their strengths, interests, best learning environment, preferences, and long-term career goals so they can choose the right colleges and academic programs for them.
• Learn how to conduct productive college searches and plan college visits so they can better match colleges with their preferences and academic profile and increase their chances of success.
• Learn how to put together a balanced college list and strong applications so they improve their chances of admission.
• Learn how to brainstorm about, draft, and revise compelling college essays that highlight their strengths and unique qualities as applicants.
• Learn about different standardized tests, decide which to take and when, and how to prepare so they can improve their test scores.
• Develop a step-by-step action plan and a way to track their progress so they complete all their college applications in a timely and low-stress manner, and still enjoy their senior year.
• Learn what to expect when they go to college, how to plan their course of study, how to succeed academically, and what resources and opportunities may be available to them so they can have a positive and successful college experience.